1. How do I transfer sharing permissions when migrating data from Dropbox to OneDrive for Business?
For business needs, it’s best to use a migration tool like CloudFuze that can migrate large volumes of data along with sharing permissions, timestamps, file version history, embedded links, etc.
2. How to ensure data safety when migrating from Dropbox to OneDrive for Business account?
Implementing authorization protocols such as OAuth 2.0 and data access through REST API helps maintain privacy and data safety. CloudFuze uses these two protocols to ensure data and privacy protection is maintained throughout the migration process.
3. Will the changes made to the files and folders during migration be reflected in the destination cloud?
Yes, doing this is possible with delta migration. After the one-time migration is complete, initiating and completing the delta migration will transfer all the incremental changes that end-users make to their files and folders during the one-time migration.
4. How to move from Dropbox to OneDrive for Business without halting work at the Dropbox cloud?
CloudFuze performs the entire migration in the background (with a copy-and-paste) action. Therefore, access to Dropbox (source) data remains uninterrupted.
5. Will data size be affected when migrating a Dropbox account to OneDrive account?
Yes, but only to a minimal extent. Migrated data can or may have a slightly lower size due to compression (cloud compression). However, the subtle differences in size will not affect data properties.
6. What will happen to my Dropbox notes when migrating to OneDrive for Business?
Your Dropbox notes (Dropbox Paper files) will be converted to Microsoft Word format (.DOCX) when migrating from Dropbox to OneDrive for Business with CloudFuze.
7. What will happen to my Google files when migrating to OneDrive for Business?
All your Google files created in Dropbox, including Google Docs, Google Slides, and Google Sheets will be converted to Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel when migrating from Dropbox to OneDrive for Business with CloudFuze.
8. Can I migrate permissions of the root folder and of the subfolders inside it?
Yes, CloudFuze X-Change is designed to migrate root folder as well as subfolder permissions. For Dropbox to OneDrive for Business migration combination and other popular cloud suites, CloudFuze X-Change also migrates timestamps of every file.
9. Will there be any downtime when migrating high-volume data to OneDrive for Business?
That completely depends on the system and/or platform that’s used to migrate high-volume data. In cases where the migration tool is moving files and folders, there can be some level of risk for downtime.
However, a migration tool that uses automation, like CloudFuze, automates data copy/paste sequences as per the user mapping that’s set up prior to the migration. This way, there’s no risk of downtime, which, in turn, helps businesses avoid workflow disruptions.
10. What are the real-world issues that may occur even when using the best migration tool/service?
API throttling is one of the real-world issues that can occur even when you are using a top-tier migration tool such as CloudFuze X-Change.
In many real-case scenarios, cloud storage service providers such as Dropbox, Box, Google, etc, limit the number of API calls to set a defined read and write response bandwidth. As a result, the API throttling can slow down the migration speed and delay the overall migration project.
In this type of scenario, our tool, X-Change, temporarily slows down the read/write sequences to adhere to the wait time.