1. How do I transfer sharing permissions when migrating data from Dropbox to OneDrive?
For business needs, it’s best to use a migration tool like CloudFuze that can migrate large volumes of data along with sharing permissions, timestamps, file version history, internal document comments, etc.
2. How to ensure data safety when migrating from Dropbox to OneDrive for Business account?
Using authorization protocols such as OAuth and REST API helps maintain privacy and data safety. CloudFuze uses these two protocols to ensure data and privacy protection is maintained through and through for every business migration.
3. Will the changes made to the data during migration be reflected in the destination cloud?
Yes, doing this is possible with delta migration, also known as incremental migration. After the one-time migration is complete, initiating and completing the delta migration will transfer all the changes made to the data during the migration period to the destination cloud account.
4. How to move from Dropbox to OneDrive for Business without halting work at the Dropbox cloud?
CloudFuze performs the entire migration in the background (with a copy-and-paste) action. Therefore, access to Dropbox (source) data remains uninterrupted.
5. Will data size be affected when migrating Dropbox account to OneDrive account?
Yes, but only to a minimal extent. Migrated data can or may have a slightly lower size due to compression (cloud compression). However, the subtle differences in size will not affect data properties.
6. What will happen to my Dropbox notes when migrating to OneDrive for Business?
Your Dropbox notes (Dropbox Paper) will be converted to Microsoft Word documents when migrating from Dropbox to OneDrive for Business with CloudFuze.
7. What will happen to my Google files when migrating to OneDrive for Business?
All your Google files in Dropbox, Google Docs, Google Slides, and Google Sheets will be converted to Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel when migrating from Dropbox to OneDrive for Business with CloudFuze.
8. Can I migrate permissions of the root folder and of the subfolders inside it?
Yes, CloudFuze X-Change is designed to migrate root folder as well as subfolder permissions. For Dropbox to OneDrive for Business migration combination and other popular cloud suites, CloudFuze X-Change also migrates timestamps of every file.
9. Will there be any downtime when migrating high-volume data to OneDrive for Business?
That completely depends on the system and/or platform that’s used to migrate high-volume data. In cases where the migration tool is moving files and folders, there can be some level of risk for downtime.
However, a migration tool that uses automation, like ClouFuze, automates data copy/paste sequences as per the user mapping that’s set up prior to the migration. This way, there’s no risk of downtime which, in turn, helps businesses avoid workflow disruptions.
10. What are the real-world issues that may occur even when using the best migration tool/service?
Bandwidth throttling is one of the real-world issues that can occur even when you are using a top-tier migration tool such as CloudFuze X-Change.
In many real case scenarios, cloud storage service providers such as Dropbox, Box, Google, etc, can throttle high-volume data migration to limit the data transfer bandwidth. As a result, bandwidth throttling can slow down the migration speed and delay the overall migration project.
In this type of scenario, CloudFuze reaches out to the cloud service provider in order to resolve bandwidth throttling.