The C-Suite Guide to Understanding Cloud Office Migrations
The pandemic has accelerated digital transformation across every industry. Business leaders around the world are leveraging cutting-edge technology to improve efficiency and performance.
Is cloud office migration a part of your digital transformation strategy? If not, you are probably missing out on something very huge.
Before we go into details, what does a cloud office migration mean in the first place?
Cloud office migration refers to transferring unstructured data such as documents, spreadsheets, media files, etc. from:
- On-prem to cloud (E.g., Network File Shares to OneDrive for Business)
- Cloud to cloud (E.g., Dropbox to Google Drive)
The process is also called as ‘cloud file transfer’ or ‘managed file transfer.’ Cloud data migration and cloud storage migration are another two terms that are in use.
Digitizing Workforce Is the New Core of Digital Transformation
The cloud office suites like Dropbox, Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, Box, SharePoint, etc. were considered ‘nice to have’ a few years ago. In 2021, they are the only way to get the work done.
Moving data to cloud from traditional on-premise filesystems or migrating existing cloud data to a new suite is now a major aspect of digital transformation.
The immediate focus of leadership teams should be setting up right collaboration platform that ensures operational agility and maximum productivity. Keep in mind that cloud-based collaboration suites have now become the primary drivers of growth and innovation.
But wait, hey, we are already using a cloud office suite?
Well, the question senior management should ask themselves is whether the existing collaboration platform meets the new workforce trends caused by the pandemic.
Use the following pointers to create a checklist and determine whether the existing collaboration platform is right for your company.
Check if your current platform:
- Is cloud-based.
- Can support unlimited terabytes of data.
- Offers collaboration features like file sharing, online editing, etc.
- Can be accessed from anywhere and from multiple devices.
- Is highly secure and compliant.
- Has built-in tools or apps that promote productivity.
- Has a built-in chat or video-conferencing platform.
- Has centralized management console for IT admins.
- Is scalable and considerably inexpensive.
- Easy to use.
So, which cloud-based collaboration platform is the best on the market? The right question is which cloud office suite suits your business needs the most.
We recommend that you create an internal team with IT professionals and key stakeholders to determine the effectiveness of your current platform or strategy.
Cloud Office Migrations Are Driving Business Growth Derailed By COVID-19
Everything around the world came to a near halt last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Millions of people had to sit in home, holding on for their dear lives. Companies around the world had no choice but to set up a remote work process.
This is where players like CloudFuze came into the picture and quickly helped thousands of companies migrate to – or migrate between cloud services.
A cloud office migration solves:
- Inability to enforce a smooth remote/work from home process.
- Slow decision-making process due to the lack of timely information.
- Interoperability friction caused by multiple locations and scattered data.
- Innovation and customer success challenges because of reduced internal communication.
- Incapability to react to business disruptions caused pandemics or catastrophes.
What Does a Cloud Office Migration Mean to the C-Suite?
CIOs and CTOs
According to a research conducted by IBM, 60% of the 380 interviewed CIOs and CTOs admitted that their IT infrastructure is not fully ready for the future or meet large-scale disruptions brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moving data to the right cloud solves an ocean of problems pertaining to communication, collaboration, security, and data availability.
The move to the public cloud began long time back and the pandemic pushed many CIOs around the world to adopt a hybrid cloud strategy, eventually bringing in cloud office suites for data storage and collaboration.
A cloud office migration:
- Modernizes IT infrastructure and makes it scalable and future ready.
- Simplifies data protection
- Facilitates better remote work
- Reduces costs in the long run and creates value.
- Builds a platform where culture and productivity can go hand in glove.
Migrating to a better cloud suite could provide finance teams with better ERP tools at no additional cost. The tools help companies save a lot of money as well as collaborate better from anywhere using any device.
A cloud office migration:
- Offers better ERP tools.
- Provides insights into key financial data.
- Enforces policies better and ensures compliance.
- Improve productivity and accuracy across finance teams.
- Improve overall financial performance.
CMOs and Sales Leaders
Marketing and sales teams can leverage cutting-edge CRM and other creative tools to maximize results. Many of the tasks that marketing and sales professionals usually perform using rudimentary methods can be automated. Cloud suites ensure better communication and collaboration between the internal teams, eventually driving growth and revenue.
A cloud office migration:
- Opens gate to a world of creative tools.
- Provides built-in CRMs.
- Brings critical drivers of communication (email, documents, conferencing, etc.) to one place.
- Helps create better marketing and sales insights.
- Boosts overall marketing and sales performance.
Moving to a better cloud helps companies in many ways from reducing costs to increasing productivity and driving growth.
Planning to migrate to a new cloud storage provider? Do not know where to get started? Talk to our migration experts today.